Sunday, October 1, 2017

October 1, 2017 Welcome to My 31 Days of the Write 31 Days challenge

Welcome! Today is the first day of the Write 31 Days challenge, this year, I am writing a blog about  Art, One Day Crafts and Fun.  This title is pretty broad, I know, but this year, the subjects may be pretty broad.  Several of the projects and writing themes will include photos, possibly some video, and more than likely, a lot of fun.

Whenever you see the word crafts, you automatically think cheap, well, sometimes that is true, but it doesn't mean that what you make has to 1. Look cheap; 2. Be inexpensive 3. Be poorly made.  Some items that you can buy are terribly expensive, so you can mix and match types of materials (expensive and inexpensive)  to bring the cost down but not make the project look 'cheap'. 

Believe me when I say, you can create projects at home, whether it is a vase of flowers, a costume, or a journal, that will be attractive, be sturdy, and can last as long as you want, from a one time use to a keepsake.

This is the month for Halloween, but I wanted to share more Fall crafts that can be translated into other seasons. Like the Floral Arrangements, they can become  Spring with just a change of colors or types of flowers, the treats can, with very little change, serve for other holidays or any day!  The costumes? Well, they are fun for the whole year. What kiddo doesn't want to dress up to have a day of adventure and fantasy?

Stick with me, there are going to be some really fun days ahead! I am excited to share some of these ideas, some I have made for many years and wanted to share. Some of the ideas, I have made for Halloween, for my own kids, because I have always loved to create, but have never had a lot of time, money, or patience... So... One day crafts!

 For our first entry,  I'm making an organizer for keeping track of all the projects I want to make for the month. You can print out the pages, use a 3 ring binder (that I will demonstrate ideas of how to decorate another day this week) to keep organized. Fill the pages with what you want to make, whether it is crafts or for Halloween. I use some of the pages to organize for Thanksgiving!

Fall is such a diverse time, we think football, turning leaves, cooler weather, and harvest. For me, it is how I can have fun and provide a safe place for the neighbor hood kids when they trick-or-treat at the end of the month. I don't decorate my house early, but I do put some planning in for that spooky night.

Each year, our house is transformed into a spooky, yet cute, haunted house. There are bones in the yard with a giant Black Widow, spooky ghosts hanging from the trees, eerie noise makers, lighted eyes in the bushes, maybe a cauldron on the front porch, a Mad Scientist lab in our front hallway, and spiders, snakes, and rats scattered around.

We have return trick-or-treaters from year to year, some come visit into their teens because they are excited to see what treats we have in store for them... They say... You always have the best treats! We actually have a few from the neighborhood that are grown now and are bringing their little ones by to sample the goodies. That makes me happy!

Join along this month while we explore Art, Crafts and Fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment