Monday, October 9, 2017

Day 9 ~ Write 31 Days ~ Party Invitations, Never too Early to Think About Them

We probably won't have an all out party this October, but we will have a few friends of my son to come visit, hand out candy, then have treats themselves.
I want to create something nice for them, even though they are getting older, they enjoy having an invitation.

One could create a whole invitation online using the abundant templates that are cute, but, creating one using different tools is so much more fun!

The mixture of stamps, die cut or some type of template to cut out yourself makes a very nice and handmade vs homemade look.

I don't go into a lot of ribbon or glitter use, but there will be some. My son's friends are mostly boys, so the sparkly effect is lost on them.

There are so many papers, it is hard to choose, so auditions are held... pick one already... and this one made the cut.
I use acrylic paint to age the paper, usually orange wins out as well, I like the way it is very translucent and makes the paper look old.


Add a bit of die cut scary cat and maybe a bat.
A round die cuts out a full moon out of holographic wrapping paper. It could have been glitter, but I really love the swirly effect of the paper.
After all was said and done, I didn't like the paper I had chosen. I went for a sleeker look and used the plain orange cardstock, with the chevron design in bright colors. The cat and bat are a shimmery patterned paper and the moon is the holographic wrapping paper.

I liked this combination. Especially for teen boys, it seemed more appropriate.
Now...

For the information.

I love using Canva.com to create graphics, and the use of it for party invitations is fun and easy.
I like the idea of having different levels of graphics to choose from.

I chose all free but there were a few that I would have gladly spent a bit more money and had a spectacular card, but this will suffice for what I need.

This picture could be added to the front of the card, or like I am doing, gluing it to the back of the card. I could use a sticker to hold it down, but seems that stick glue will work just fine. Just make sure that the paper is in the position that you want before laying it down. Smooth as you go to not have any bubbles. 

 Just a bit and I'll post the finished pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment